For those who dislike Vlogs this is a summary of what I talk about.
I am running for Vice-Chair of ASM and am focusing right now on transparency and accountability because that is a major issue with the current leadership and I wanted to address it immediately. So I have a 5 Point Plan for Transparency and Accountability for ASM leadership for the next session.
1) Council Accountability to students – Chairs need to submit reports every meeting and council reps need to hold office hours weekly. This is a way for interested students to have some semblance of contact with their elected representatives.
2) Early Legislation – By submitting legislation a week before it is debated, it allows interested parties to have a chance to attend and speak about their interests and needs.
3) Twitter – great tool for instantaneous communication with followers. It allows for people to know where we are and what we are doing to keep us honest and accountable.
4) Blogs – Brandon Williams and I run The Campus First, which is a blog about issues pertaining to students and how we plan to address them or simply our thoughts on the process. We hope it becomes a forum where we can air our thoughts and have Council and students respond on there.
5) Video logs – I want to run a weekly ASM Fireside Chat piece from either myself or the Chair or a combination of us where we talk about what has been going on with ASM the past week and what we’re doing coming up. It’s an easy way to get our faces out there too so that we are not seen as faceless representatives but actual students who are engaged with the student body.
I’ll have more up later this weekend!